CUA60113 advanced diploma of Dance
In partnership wth ATOD, RTO#31624
The Advanced Diploma of Dance delivers mastery of the necessary skills required to work as a professional dancer in Australia or on the International stage.
At this level, individuals are expected to apply highly specialised technical, conceptual and expressive dance techniques. Students of this course will develop professional expertise in artistic initiative, design, technical, judgment, planning and management functions.
Upon graduation, you will be confident and experienced in applying yourself into the creative industry. You will understand your strengths and how to tailor your individual talents to best suit an array of scenarios. You will be professionally trained as a creative artist in Classical and Contemporary repertoire for both solo and ensemble productions. Your skill sets will solidify your competitiveness within the industry while you also posses the Nationally Recognised Certification to prove it.
We strive to be progressive in all aspects of our business. This includes delivering more content online with online lectures, classes, fitness and assessments so students can study from their own homes.
Streamed Elective Units
- CUADAN601 Perform dance repertoire at a professional level.
- CUADAN603 Extend Ballet technique to a professional level.
- CUADAN604 Extend Ballet performance skills to a professional level.
- CUADAN607 Extend Contemporary dance technique to a professional level.
- CUADAN608 Extend Contemporary dance performance skills to a professional level.
- CUAWHS602 Develop techniques for maintaining resilience in a competitive environment.
- CUVPRP502A Prepare for sustainable professional practice.
Contemporary / Classical Stream
- CUAWHS601 Apply Advanced gym and weight training to ballet.
- CUADAN610 Extend allied contemporary dance techniques at a professional level.
- CUACHR601 Create choreography for stage and screen.
- CUACHR602 Develop skills in dance notation.
- CUARES601 Research and apply concepts of live performance practice.
- CUADAN508 Develop expertise in allied contemporary dance techniques.
- CUADAN611 Perform virtuoso contemporary dance techniques.
- CUAIND601 Work professionally in the creative arts industry.
- CUSMPF602A Manage stagecraft aspects of performances.
- CUVRES502 Analyse cultural history and theory.
- CUAWHS501 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance.
Course length delivery options:
- Full time – 18 months.
- Part time – 2 years plus.
Basic entry requirements include:
- CUA50113 Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance), or equivalent dance skill and experience.
- Attendance or display of an audition or alternate form of evidence to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at a Diploma level.
Additional classes include:
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Our Director - Mrs Hollie Ison
Miss Hollie has completed all RAD examinations with Distinction and CBTS RAD Teachers Certificate, CSTD Modern Jazz examinations and Modern Jazz Teaching and Diploma Certificates. Miss Hollie holds a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, her TAE, Pilates instructor certificate, as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre and has studied full-time acting for film and television with the Film & Television Studio International.