cua20120 Certificate II in dance
In partnership wth ATOD, RTO#31624
This course lays the foundations of the next stepping stones required on a pathway that promotes health, team work, pride and creativity.
The job roles that relate to this qualification may include trainee Indigenous dancer, trainee contemporary dancer or trainee musical theatre dancer.
Student's build from the core elements taught during Certificate I as the training program of the Certificate II course applies the next sequential learning activities, challenges and progression milestones.
We strive to be progressive in all aspects of our business. This includes delivering more content online with online lectures, classes, fitness and assessments so students can study from their own homes.
- CUADAN211 Develop basic dance techniques.
- CUADAN212 Incorporate artistic expression into basic dance performances.
- CUAIND211 Develop and apply creative arts industry knowledge.
- CUAPRF211 Prepare for live performances.
- CUAWHS111 Follow safe dance practices.
- CUAWHS211 Develop a basic level of fitness for dance performance.
- CUADAN213 Perform basic jazz dance techniques.
- CUADAN216 Perform basic ballet dance techniques.
- CUADAN215 Perform basic contemporary dance techniques.
This course is delivered as Part-Time / After School - over 1 year.
Basic entry requirements include:
- CUA10113 Certificate I in Dance, or equivalent competency.
- Attendance or display of an audition and interview, or alternate form of evidence, to demonstrate competence in at least one genre at a Certificate I level.
Additional classes may include:
- Basic Anatomy & Dance Class Focused First Aid.
- Nutrition, Health & Detailed Anatomy Theory Lessons.
- Fitness & Conditioning.
- Professional Pilates coaching.
- Aquatics Fitness & Health Training.
- CV Planning & Development.
- Competition Opportunities.
- Audition Opportunities.
Our Director - Mrs Hollie Ison
Miss Hollie has completed all RAD examinations with Distinction and CBTS RAD Teachers Certificate, CSTD Modern Jazz examinations and Modern Jazz Teaching and Diploma Certificates. Miss Hollie holds a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, her TAE, Pilates instructor certificate, as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre and has studied full-time acting for film and television with the Film & Television Studio International.