cua40313 certificate IV in dance
teaching & management
In partnership wth ATOD, RTO#31624
The Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management is structured to reflect the role of an employed dance teacher within a variety of contexts from private dance tutoring to large establishment group instruction.
This course will enable students to confidently instruct correct dance technique, maintain group control, monitor group dynamics and promote a safe learning environment. Graduate students can provide leadership and guidance to others, be responsible for progression, and have considerable responsibility for the output of others.
We strive to be progressive in all aspects of our business. This includes delivering more content online with online lectures, classes, fitness and assessments so students can study from their own homes.
Streamed Elective Units
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- CUADTM401 Plan and organise dance classes
- CUADTM403 Apply safe dance teaching methods
- CUAPPM401 Contribute to the organisation of productions
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (provided by external educators at extra cost to student)
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- CUADTM402 Teach Basic Classical Ballet Technique.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk.
- CUADTM404 Teach Basic Jazz Dance Technique.
- CUADTM405 Teach Basic Contemporary Dance Technique.
- SITXCOM401 Manage Conflict.
- SISCCRO302A Apply Legal and Ethical Instructional Skills.
Course length delivery options:
- 1 Year Full Time
- 2 Years Part Time
Basic entry requirements include:
- CUA40113 Certificate IV in Dance, or equivalent dance skill and experience.
- Attendance or display of an audition or alternate form of evidence to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at Certificate IV level.
CUA50113 Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre
CUA40313 Diploma in Dance Teaching & Management
Our Director - Mrs Hollie Ison
Miss Hollie has completed all RAD examinations with Distinction and CBTS RAD Teachers Certificate, CSTD Modern Jazz examinations and Modern Jazz Teaching and Diploma Certificates. Miss Hollie holds a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, her TAE, Pilates instructor certificate, as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre and has studied full-time acting for film and television with the Film & Television Studio International.