cua50113 diploma of dance
Broaden your knowledge and enhance your skills by studying a Diploma of Dance with experienced teachers at Arête Academy of Arts. Studying the Diploma course provides a higher level of education and coaching. It enables the performer to explore their versatility and expressional methods at a professional standard, with focus toward Classical and Contemporary repertoire for both solo and ensemble productions. Students will go through a diverse composition of genres and styles, performing arts studies and professional industry exposure.
Upon graduation, students are confident and experienced in applying themselves into the creative industry. Students understand their individual strengths, and how to tailor their talents to best suit an array of scenarios. Their skill sets solidify competitiveness within industry auditions, and they possess the Nationally Recognised Certification to prove quality and longevity.
Streamed Elective Units
- CUADAN501 Refine Ballet technique.
- CUADAN502 Refine Ballet performance skills.
- CUADAN505 Refine Contemporary Dance technique.
- CUADAN507 Refine Dance Partnering techniques.
- CUAOHS403 Incorporate Anatomy & Nutrition principles into skill development.
- CUAOHS501 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance.
- CUAPRF501 Refine performance skills.
- CUAPRF503 Prepare for and perform in a competitive environment.
- CUVPRP502 Prepare for sustainable professional practice.
The Diploma of Dance is offered as a Classical/Contemporary streamed course. Students at this level whom desire a career in a Theatrical industry are recommended for the Diploma of Musical Theatre. The Classical Stream unit compilation consists of:
- CUACHR501 Create and perform complex dance pieces.
- CUADAN504 Perform solo variations.
- CUADAN508 Develop expertise in allied Contemporary Dance techniques.
- CUARES501 Refine conceptual understanding of dance.
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts.
- CUVRES502 Analyse cultural history and theory.
- CUADAN401 Develop on-camera dance performance skills.
- CUAPRF502 Apply theatrical make-up.
- CUADLT402A Explore the relationship between music and dance.
Course length delivery options:
- Full time – 1 year.
- Part time – 18 months
- Certificate IV in Dance & Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) - 2 years.
Basic entry requirements include:
- CUA40113 Certificate IV in Dance, or equivalent dance skill and experience.
- Attendance or display of an audition or alternate form of evidence to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at certificate IV level.
Additional classes include:
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Auspice partnership with ATOD RTO #31624.