cua50213 diploma of musical theatre
In partnership wth ATOD, RTO#31624
The Triple Threat Course - Dance Vocals Acting - Studying your Diploma of Musical Theatre in Brisbane will elevate your professional footprint with a clever combination of singing, acting and dancing expertise. It will enable you the skill sets to react creatively, confidently and natural to scripts and music during a multitude of formats.
The Diploma of Musical Theatre course is structured to enable students to focus studies into each facet, mastering the basics while concurrently developing their own professional styles and technical perfection.
Upon graduation, you will be confident and experienced in applying yourself into the creative industry. You will understand your strengths and how to tailor your individual talents to best suit an array of scenarios. You will be professionally trained as a creative artist in voice, acting, and musical theatre repertoire for both solo and ensemble productions. Your skill sets will solidify your competitiveness within the industry while you also posses the Nationally Recognised Certification to prove it.
We strive to be progressive in all aspects of our business. This includes delivering more content online with online lectures, classes, fitness and assessments so students can study from their own homes.
Streamed Elective Units
- CUAPRF501 Refine performance techniques.
- CUAPRF503 Prepare for performances in a competitive environment.
- CUAPRF504 Refine Musical Theatre techniques.
- CUAWHS501 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance.
- CUFIND401A Provide services on a freelance basis.
- CUSMPF407A Develop vocal techniques.
Commercial/Musical Theatre Stream
The Diploma of Musical Theatre is the pinnacle of Commercially and Theatrically streamed certificates. Students at this level whom desire a career in a Contemporary or Classical Repertoire industry are recommended for the Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance). The Theatrical unit compilation consists of:
- CUAPRF601 Extend Musical Theatre performance techniques to a professional level.
- CUACHR501 Create and perform complex dance pieces.
- CUAPPM501 Manage small-scale live productions.
- CUARES501 Refine conceptual understanding of dance.
- CUACIR401 Develop Acrobatic techniques for Theatrical performances.
- CUVRES502 Analyse cultural history and theory.
- CUSMPF506A Develop technical skills and expand repertoire.
- CUAPRF502 Apply Theatrical make-up.
- CUSMLT501A Refine aural-perception skills.
- CUSIND501A Apply music knowledge and artistic judgement.
Course length delivery options:
- Full time – 1 year.
- Part time – 18 months
- Certificate IV in Dance & Diploma of Musical Theatre - 2 years.
Basic entry requirements include:
- CUA40113 Certificate IV in Dance, or equivalent dance skill and experience.
- Attendance or display of an audition or alternate form of evidence to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at certificate IV level.
Additional classes include:
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Our Director - Mrs Hollie Ison
Miss Hollie has completed all RAD examinations with Distinction and CBTS RAD Teachers Certificate, CSTD Modern Jazz examinations and Modern Jazz Teaching and Diploma Certificates. Miss Hollie holds a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, her TAE, Pilates instructor certificate, as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre and has studied full-time acting for film and television with the Film & Television Studio International.