Broaden your knowledge and enhance your skills by studying a Diploma of Professional Dance with the experienced teachers at Arête Arts. Studying the Diploma course provides a higher elite level of education and coaching. It enables the performer to explore their versatility and expressive virtuosity at a professional standard, with focus toward Classical and Contemporary repertoire in both solo and ensemble settings. Students will undertake a diverse program of Vaganova Classical ballet training, repertoire coaching by industry leaders and performers, stagecraft studies and professional industry exposure.
Upon graduation, students are confident and experienced in applying themselves into the classical and contemporary dance industry. Students understand their individual strengths, and how to tailor their talents to best suit an array of employment opportunities. Their skill sets solidify competitiveness within industry auditions, and they possess the Nationally Recognised Certification to prove quality and longevity.
We strive to be progressive in all aspects of our business. This includes delivering more content online with online lectures, classes, fitness and assessments so students can study from their own homes.
Streamed Elective Units
- CUADAN531 Refine dance techniques.
- CUADAN517 Refine dance partnering techniques.
- CUAWHS413 Incorporate anatomy principles into skill development.
- CUAWHS511 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance.
- CUAPRF511 Refine performance techniques.
- CUAPRF513 Prepare for and perform in competitive environments.
- CUAPPR512 Develop sustainability of own professional practice.
The Diploma of Dance is offered as a Classical/Contemporary streamed course. Students at this level whom desire a career in a Theatrical industry are recommended for the Diploma of Musical Theatre. The Classical Stream unit compilation consists of:
- CUADAN511 Refine ballet techniques.
- CUADAN512 Refine ballet performance skills.
- CUADAN514 Perform ballet solo variations.
- CUADAN515 Refine contemporary dance techniques.
- CUADAN518 Develop expertise in allied contemporary dance techniques.
- CUADAN519 Refine pointe work techniques.
- CUACHR511 Create and perform complex dance pieces.
- CUAMUP511 Apply theatrical make-up and hairstyles.
- CUAWHS412 Participate in gym and resistance training for performances.
- CUARES503 Analyse cultural history and theory.
Course length delivery options:
- Full time – 1 year.
- Part time – 18 months
- Certificate IV in Dance & Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) - 2 years.
Basic entry requirements include:
- Attendance or display of an audition and interview or alternate form of evidence to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at certificate IV level.
Additional classes include:
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Our Director - Mrs Hollie Ison
Miss Hollie has completed all RAD examinations with Distinction and CBTS RAD Teachers Certificate and is a Registered Teacher of the RAD. She has also completed all CSTD Modern Jazz examinations and the Modern Jazz Teaching and Diploma Certificates. Miss Hollie holds a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, Certificate IV TAE, Pilates instructor certificate, as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre and has studied full-time acting for film and television with the Film & Television Studio International. Miss Hollie continues her professional development through a Bachelor of Psychological Science.